Monday, June 20, 2011

Down the Rabbit Hole!

Yesterday, I had one of the most bizarre experiences.  I fell down the rabbit hole!  You know - the one from Alice in Wonderland, the one Alice falls through, where everything is upside-down, topsy-turvy, and nothing makes sense anymore.

I can't go into specifics about why I had this experience, and what precipitated all of this (one word: family), but I can say this:  suddenly I was running out the door, asking people if I was still asleep, and I found myself sitting on the floor of our new shed with the door closed and locked.  It was the only place I could think of where I could be alone.

Sometimes I seriously wonder if all this is some huge joke - like, some evil child has me in a big jar, and every once in a while, this evil kid shakes the bottle, just to see what I'll do!  I know it's not, that there is a bigger plan to all of this, but that is the way I feel from time to time.  That evil kid is going to kill me, slowly, one shake at a time!

I eventually got up off the shed floor and returned to my house, where the Mad Hatter, the Hare, the Mouse, and the White Rabbit, were all waiting for me, offering me a good cup-o' tea.  I, Alice, have decided to accept that I am definitely in Wonderland!

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly what you mean. I never thought about comparing it to Alice but it just feels like an out of body experience. Like you say, dreaming, but it's all real and you can't figure out reality from fiction. Use to happen all the time to me in High School and man do I hate that feeling!

    ReplyDelete